Web Services are ultimately a simple and universal way to interconnect AuraPortal with external programs. With Web Services, it is possible to perform the same functions as a user, directly from the AuraPortal interface. For example, AuraPortal approval flows can be started when a certain event occurs in another program of the company, customer accounts can be created automatically, or invoicing can be performed in the ERP obtaining the necessary data from AuraPortal, etc.
This course shows some examples, including methods, parameters, types of term used for assembling the chains needed to design programs that connect to the AuraPortal Web Services, as well as the Invoker and Executor System tasks.
In AuraPortal there are three types of Web Service:
1. SharePoint Web Services. Web Services provided by default in SharePoint for all the Lists and Libraries.
2. AuraPortal personalized Web Services. Web services that are custom designed in each installation for Start and Intermediate Message Events, and for the creation of Account Contacts.
3. AuraPortal System Web Services. Web Services designed purposefully for AuraPortal, included and installed by default in the initial structure. These Web services facilitate the use of certain specific actions that would be difficult or impossible with generic SharePoint Web Services.
Basic knowledge of:
1. Introduction to Web Services.
2. Types of Web Service. SharePoint Web Services.
3. Practical example of a Personalized Web Service.
4. Invoker System Task.
5. Executor System Task. ST action button – Invoker and Script Button.