An adapter is a mechanism that allows the following connection operations in relation to external databases:
1. Import. The Adapter reads the information from the external database and copies and stores it in the AuraPortal database, for example, in a register of a Process Panel.
2. Export. The Adapter takes information generated in AuraPortal and stores it in the external database.
The activation and use of adapters is carried out by the Process Motor when executing an Object (a Task, Event or Gateway) that requires a connection with an external database. To do this, when a Class of Process is created, the necessary adapter will be defined for each Object that requires one.
This course teaches students how to integrate AuraPortal with other external applications (ERP, other databases such as Oracle, DB2, etc., and even Microsoft Excel spreadsheets) using ADAPTERS. Adapters are housed in the AuraPortal Adapter Server, which is accessed by AuraPortal BPMS to exchange data.
The communication between the Adapters and the Processes is generally carried out using Web Services that come prepared in AuraPortal. The Connector’s connection with the external database is made via ODBC Data Sources, so any database with a standard ODBC connection can be used in Adapters.
Students awarded the qualification will be able to perform consulting services for companies and organizations internationally with the AuraPortal BPMS tool.
Basic knowledge of:
1. AuraPortal Adapter Server
2. Installation of Adapter Server
3. Functioning of Adapters
4. Configuration of Adapters