05 Dec The Control and Analysis of Business Activity in BPM
One of the most important functionalities offered by iBPMS Digital Business Platforms is the automated treatment of business activity monitoring and analysis in real time, which provides a strict control and analysis of all the information handled in the company and results in well-founded and fast decision making.
With a high-end iBPMS like AuraPortal, daily activities (Processes) automatically turn into useful and relevant knowledge to distribute to the relevant people at the right time, to empower them to make appropriate and well-founded decisions. Furthermore, it combines data from diverse sources to obtain an integrated, complete and totally updated view.
In AuraPortal this is achieved with two features in the structure of the iBPMS suite:
- Firstly, the information with which AuraPortal can operate is more extensive than any other suite capable of managing other business management systems, as explained in this Blog.
- Secondly, to convert this vast amount of information into useful and relevant knowledge for the entity, it must be structured in Controls, Views, Queries, Reports, Analysis, etc.
When performing daily tasks, each executed process registers all the information generated throughout the activity flow, including all data automatically generated by the system, manually input by the users and integrated from external applications, sensors and other devices, etc., including KPIs defined to help decision making by analyzing process performance.
Thus, all information is automatically registered and organized according to the determined structure, so that the suite’s intelligence tools: BAM, Dashboards, BI, Reports, etc. can automate the monitoring, control and analysis of the all company facts and data.
1. Data Input
Information (any type of document or data file) is entered in the suite:
- Manually, in tasks performed by people, including employees and externals (customers, agents, subcontractors, etc.) using computers, tablets, smartphones and other mobile devices.
- Automatically by the system, through the direct transmission of results, measurements and all information from devices used in the company, from the Internet or applications, machines, sensors, etc. integrated in the system with Web Services, Server Adapters, Import Services, etc.
2. Processing and storage
Once the information has entered the system, it will be stored in the appropriate management repository (employees, accounts, projects, etc.) and/or in document libraries or directly in the processes. The BPM engine and Business Rules process and manage the information.
1. In a Mortgage Credit Risk Assessment process, the system would capture the current value of the Reference Index from the Internet, automatically generating the risk calculations using the current value.
2. A weather forecast published on the Internet for ‘heavy snowfall’ in a certain area would automatically warn a logistics company of the weather conditions, reorganizing the routes (manually or automatically), modifying delivery forecasts, generating alerts, etc.
3. Data Output
All this information, which is converted into useful knowledge in tasks, reports, system tasks, Server Adapters, etc. is automatically available to all appropriate people in real time.