AuraPortal's Documents Handling is in charge of the document management and storage. Internally, it offers two different repository systems: File System and MS SharePoint.
AuraPortal File System (Long Life Repositories)
With this system, documents and data are stored in any File System of the server, and its data (metadata) is stored in SQL.
This storage system brings important advantages:
• Unlimited capacity, both regarding number of documents and size.
• It avoids excessive growth of the SQL Data Base.
• It facilitates backup management.
This system provides Long Life Repositories of Documents, thanks to being independent but fully integrated with AuraPortal.
AuraPortal also contains MS SharePoint for Documents Handling. AuraPortal has added new features which eases its use and enlarges its capabilities. MS SharePoint is a very powerful document management system.
Some of its functions and aspects are named here:
- Automatic creation of libraries. Their automatic creation and classified storing is an exclusive AuraPortal tool.
- Large capacity. It supports a practically unlimited number of documents: up to 2 million documents per library and up to 1,000 libraries. All this in one Site. If it should be necessary, more Sites can be created in AuraPortal.
- Creation, revision and entry of documents. The documents can be created in any system. The incorporation of each document to its corresponding library is immediate.
- Numerous formats. The documents do not need to be texts or images. Templates, forms, lists, tables, etc., are all handled.
- Revision and Approval. Circuits of revision and approval can be established, either simple or complex and sequential or in parallel. The systems that AuraPortal provides for these circuits are innovative and offer outstanding advantages.
- Vistas with digital signatures in the documents. Incorporates the procedures for digital signatures, both, certified and guarantied.
- Archives. The documental archive in the libraries allows multiple classifications, both preconfigured as well as defined by the user. With this, diverse vistas can be set and used to instantly locate the searched documents.
- Links. Both the individual document as well as the libraries can be linked to other informative elements, for example, other documents, projects, dossiers, employees, accounts, files, tasks, etc.
- Subscription. If a document in a library is modified, the system sends an automatic notification to all the users included in the list of subscribers to this library so that they can revise the new document.
- Versions. There is an automatic version follow-up if so desired.
- Discussions. It is also possible for various users to discuss a document while it is being developed.
- Searches. All types of searches: By name or part of it, by field or properties (author, creation date, consignee, size, etc.) by content (just indicate a portion of the text), and also by customizable filters defined by the user.
- Activation and vigilance of the actions and responsibilities of the employees participating in the procedures.
- Comment Logs that make it possible for everything that has happened with each document to be known, even if this information doesn't figure in the text or the properties of the document.
- Documents grouped by dossier, projects and areas with the possibility of controlling the associated costs.
- Security. The library access is controlled and restricted to the users who exhibit the corresponding permits. 5 levels of access are established by default (these can be extended or reduced): Read, Aggregate, Edit, Approve and Responsible.