AuraPortal has all the communication channels that the latest technologies offer: publication in the Announcements of the different portals, several types of Surveys, Forums and On-line Debates where all the users or groups of users can participate, shared Agendas, etc. Also, all the physical Communications (courses, meetings, etc.) can be organized, managed and controlled, including the results.
The collaboration network provided in the Intranet/Extranet thru process tasks and free tasks AuraPortal is carried out by means of many portals that are the entrance ways to the different user groups. There are two types of portals: Employee Portal (Exclusive for employees) and External Portals (For Customers, Suppliers and other Agents).
In both cases, portals act, on one hand, as information broadcasters (Content Portals) and on the other hand as platforms for communication and collaboration (Interactive Portals).
The Employees Portal is the one used for managing the enterprise content generated and directed to the employees. The same Portal acts as an information broadcaster and also as the access gate to employees for performing their tasks and handling the information contained in the platform with families and dictionaries.
External Portals. You can create as many portals as needed for exclusive communication and interaction with groups of customers, suppliers and other external agents. These portals can have different designs according to the enterprise preferences.
Depending on the Portal that is used to access AuraPortal, the access permissions for the information are different and adapt to specific needs and guarantee protection and general privacy.
Some of the most important characteristics of portal management are :
- Portal Creation. AuraPortal contains a Portal generation platform ready to use. They can be created very easily using different portals for different user profiles, and also different languages or any other desired characteristic, which gives a more personalized service.
- Content Creation. With AuraPortal digital contents are created and handled to be published in the different Portals, taking into account the approval circuits for the announcements, priorities, publication and expiry dates, etc. Different areas of the company can generate complex contents using tools as simple as Word, Excel, FrontPage, etc.
- Publication Zones. The announcements are grouped in different Publication Zones, which are configured to automate, control and optimize their handling. This way, when a user creates an announcement the system controls, depending on the zone, who should approve it, where it should be published and the publication format. Then the announcements for a specific zone can be configured so that they are approved by one or more users, depending on their different procedures:
- That all the specific users must approve it.
- That some of the specific users must approve it.
Then, the desired page will be automatically published in the correct page with the pre-established format.
- Information. From the Portal each user (Internal or External) accesses the shared projects, as well as the libraries and documents that the company wishes to share with them. They can also receive alerts about modifications, versions, etc.
- Process Participation. The performance of process tasks is carried out from the user portal, be employee or external user.
- Warning Bell. The system automatically issues a small window (called the ‘bell’) that gives notification to employees and external users, even if they are not connected to AuraPortal, whenever new tasks appear in their workflow. This is a very useful mechanism to ensure that the tasks are carried out and also to maintain a constant relationship with customers and suppliers even when they are not connected to AuraPortal.